Thursday, April 7, 2011

Grateful

I hate to admit it, but I have been slacking! I am so sorry! I don't have the video clips with me right now, so please check back for those! Things have been so nuts lately as the semester is winding down, and we at MUGC are gearing up for our CONCERT, which is THIS SATURDAY, April 9 at 3pm in the VARSITY THEATER! It's FREE! And there's a reception after, with free snacks! What can be better than some high quality vocal entertainment and snacks on a Saturday afternoon!!



The theme for our concert this semester is "Grateful", and our last rehearsal was very fitting. Like I say every week, we sounds absolutely amazing. Chills up and down my spine for a solid two hours, no joke. We heard the soloists, and an absolutely beautiful message about the true meaning of Gratefulness, and our voices blended together perfectly.


My favorite part of rehearsal always comes at the very end. We all come together and pray. We share intentions, praise, fears, and thanks. We come together and support each other in all of these thoughts and fears, and join hands in lifting up our prayers.

This last rehearsal felt like the most honest and vulnerable we have ever allowed ourselves to be; we entrusted ourselves in the hands of each other and allowed our inner thoughts to really speak out. It moved a lot of us, even to the point of tears.


What I'm really trying to say is that I am truly grateful for Marquette University Gospel Choir. I think I speak for everyone when I say I really pull my strength and energy for the week from this group. I am grateful for every individual, for Nate, Apryl, and Curtis, and for what we are as a group.

I really encourage you to experience what I mean, and join us as we sing about our own Gratefulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment